Final MN Full Dress Run: 8/28/2016
Thursday, August 25, 2016
Chops will be performing a full run of our 2016 show "Beacon", in uniform, for the last time this Sunday. Friends and family are welcome to come and view for free, and afterwards we'll have some social time and refreshments.
Chops Final MN Run
Facebook Event Page
Sunday, August 28, 2016
St. Francis Middle School
23026 Ambassador Blvd NW
Saint Francis, Minnesota 55070
Chops is hiring for our admin team!
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Chops, Inc. is seeking a new Chief Financial Officer to oversee the finances of our organization. This is an exciting time for the organization, as we have experienced much growth in our programs, and we are looking to fill this key role to help us manage that growth responsibly and retain our financial stability for many years to come. Contact CEO Matthew Kilanowski at email@example.com or 612-424-3669 if you are interested.
CFO Job Description
Chopsí Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of the Organizationís operations. The CFO is crucial in providing leadership and direction in the Organizationís administrative, planning, accounting, and budgeting efforts. The CFO ensures that Chops fulfills its mission in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Board of Directors (BOD).
- Prepare monthly financial statements and present them to the BOD at each monthly meeting of the BOD. Give direction to the BOD related to future expenditures and how the monthly financial results compare to budgeted amounts.
- Create the Organizationís annual budget with cooperation from the administrative team and performing unit directors.
- Be a signer for the Organizationís accounts and coordinate with other signers to ensure expenses are paid.
- Oversee the collection of financial information for submission to our accountant for monthly reconciliation of accounts and reporting.
- Monitor the Organizationís insurance policy annually.
- Provide annual financial statements to the tax preparation firm so they can prepare the Organizationís annual 990 and 990-T tax returns and to file any extensions as necessary.
- Annually register the Organization with the Minnesota Attorney General.
- Ensure compliance with any other local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Research and advise on best financial practices for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in budgeting, bookkeeping, and preparing financial statements.
- Analytical skills in order to forecast the direction of the Organization.
- Experience in non-profit finance and the performing arts preferred.
- Demonstrate high level organizational skills ensuring all facets of the financial operation are handled in a timely fashion.
- Experience using Quickbooks Online preferred.
Attention Chops Alumni!
We would like to keep in touch with all former members of Chops. If your contact information has changed please fill out the
Alumni Information Form.